Wills & Trusts
Your estate is comprised of all the things that you own: your car, your home, your bank accounts, your investments, and all the other personal possessions you have accumulated. No matter the size of your estate, it is wise to have a solid plan of how those things will be distributed to other people or organizations after you are gone. To ensure that your wishes are carried out, you need to provide clear instructions stating whom you want to receive something of yours, and when they are to receive it. You will also want to make sure this transfer happens with the least amount paid in taxes, legal fees, and to other unforeseen creditors.
A good estate plan should also:
• Have instructions for your care if you should become disabled.
• Appoint a guardian and/or trustee for any minor children.
• Provide for family members who may need future protection from creditors and/or divorce.
• Include a life insurance policy to provide for your family.
• Provide for the transfer or closure of any businesses that you run.
We are happy to serve Estate Planning clients ranging from young individuals and couples to retirees and seniors. In each case, it is our goal to provide them with a comprehensive, individualized Estate Plan to fit their unique needs and budget. Tap our team’s knowledge and experience whether you are contemplating your estate plan for the first time or would like to make amendments to your existing estate plan.